Fred Screw Fit Wooden Stairgate
Fred Screw Fit Wooden Stairgate
Details such as the extra sure 2-way magnetic locking system, the at-a-glance visual locking indicators, and the FastMount™ installation system (that make it the quickest and easiest gate of its type to fit correctly), all add up to give you the peace of mind that you need.
This is a no-trip stair gate - ideal for use at the top of staircases; the advantage of fitting to your wall with screws!
- 77cm high so a young child won’t climb over
- Manual 2-way child-proof magnetic locking system
- Visual colour alert for when the gate is left unlocked
- Top quality, strong materials to withstand heavy impacts
- Bite-proof materials and lick-safe ﬁnishes throughout
- Meets safety standards - Complies or exceeds the requirements of EN1930, the safety standard for safety barriers including stair gates as well all the relevant clauses of the toy standard EN71Series.
- Use just one hand for opening and closing
- Built-in lift to make opening even easier
- Gate can swing in either direction
- Optional 1-way swing setting to prevent opening over the stairs
- Gate quickly removed (and replaced) when not required
Simple to fit
- Uniquely simple Fast-Mount™ wall installation
- 180° mount allows a perfect ﬁt, even where walls are at an angle
- Includes all the fittings to fit walls with or without a standard size skirting board
- Unique system to mount over quarter round mouldings, pipes or wires.
- Screws, ﬁttings and even a mini spirit level all included
- Simple width adjustment - can be ﬁtted on the outside of an opening or straight across the gap
- Beautifully carved Poplar wood, soft to the touch
- No trip bar to get in your way
- Elegant, unobtrusive ﬁttings with ﬁnger-safe hinges
- Colour options to blend with your home
When and where to use
Fred`s TipDon’t be tempted to climb over the gate. Children may try and copy you, and could reduce its effectiveness in protecting your child.
Cheeky Rascals (Fred) is proud to be a founding member of the Global Alliance for Child Safety.Click here for more info
The aim of this alliance is to raise the level of child safety in the home through education and improved home safety products. Fred therefore follows a continuous improvement program with all of its products to ensure that parents can relax knowing that Fred products are the safest available.
The most recent improvement was to the Wooden Screw fit gates. Which? magazine found a way of fitting the gate incorrectly when the gate was at maximum extension – thus highlighting the potential for customer misuse. It is highly unlikely that a gate will be fitted incorrectly, but even if it is, our research shows that opening and closing the gate just 6 times makes it click down into the correct position. However, our team don’t like even the slightest possibility of our products being misused. It took us 3 weeks of repeated attempts to recreate the Which? findings and understand how the gate must have been assembled (only achieved by not following the instructions). We are proud to say that it then took less than a week to engineer a solution whereby the gate could NEVER be fitted incorrectly in this way and rework the stock making the gate safer than ever. We also checked the other Fred gates in the range. The different mechanisms meant that there was no risk that these gates could be fitted incorrectly.
Washing Instructions: Wipe clean
Warranty: 12 months from Date of Purchase
Assembly Required: Adult assembly required
Product Composition: Engineered from high-quality aluminium and sustainable poplar hardwood.
12 Month Returns Guarantee
We give you 12 months to return your order to us for a full refund. We’ve made it as easy as possible – just follow our simple 3-step returns process. The goods do need to have been looked after carefully, and returned unused, in the original packaging.